Mascarpone Mashed Idaho® Potatoes with Meyer Lemon
- 4 large Idaho® potatoes, peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1 Meyer lemon (regular lemon may be substituted), washed, zested with microplane, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce American sturgeon caviar
- 1/4 cup micro celery (or mixed micro greens as shown in photo)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In medium ovenproof saucepan, bring potatoes to boil with 1 teaspoon salt and water to cover by 3 to 4 inches. Lower to simmer; cook until fork-tender, about 25 minutes. Drain. (If potatoes are still moist, dry slightly in preheated 350°F oven for 10 minutes.)
- Using manual food mill, mill potatoes into large bowl. Add butter; mash. Add mascarpone, lemon zest, remaining salt and pepper. Mix until just blended.
- To plate, divide potato mixture among four 3-in. ring molds, gently pressing down with back of a teaspoon dipped in water. Lift molds slightly; top potato mixture with 1/4 oz. caviar, forming a circle of caviar around rim of ring. Place on individual plates; remove ring mold.
- Toss micro celery or micro greens with Meyer lemon juice; add as garnish to potato rounds. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.