Idaho® Potato Boats Stuffed with Cuban Mojo Pork and Cranberries
- 6 large Idaho® potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 1 pound boneless pork loin
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, ground
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender but not quite done.
- Remove potato halves from boiling water and set them aside, covered in the refrigerator.
- Season pork with a mixture of garlic, oregano, salt, cilantro, black pepper, and olive oil.
- Place the pork in a slow cooker, add lime and orange juice, and cook covered on low until tender about 6 hours.
- While pork cooks, sauté cranberries and onions in butter until onions are translucent and cranberries have become soft and burst.
- Once the pork is cooked, remove from the slow cooker and once cool to handle pull the pork apart.
- Mix the pulled pork with the cranberries and onions mixture.
- Take the potatoes out of the refrigerator and spoon out the center to create boat shapes.
- Fill each potato boat with pork mixture and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes until heated through.
- Serve and enjoy.