How Do I Bake a Potato in an Air Fryer?
My question is about how to bake a potato in an air fryer. Can you help?
From Instant Pots to air fryers, we're loving the new gadgets that are making it easier, and faster, to get meals on the table at home. Sure, you can microwave a potato, but it won't give you the crispy, golden skin with the fluffy, tender inside that an air fryer will.
Here's the lowdown on getting your potatoes perfect.
5 Tips for Making Baked Potatoes in an Air Fryer
- Always start with Idaho® potatoes. Russets are the best because of their high starch content.
- After you wash the potatoes, make sure the skin is really dry and then poke them a few times with a fork to release the steam. To get crispy skin you want to fry the potatoes, not steam them.
- Set the temperature on your air fryer to 400°F.
- Air fry for 30-40 minutes. Time will depend on your appliance, the size of your potatoes and how many you are cooking at once. Check potatoes halfway through cook time and if they are getting really brown, flip.
- The best way to know your potato is done is when the internal temperature reaches 210°F.
Other Helpful Links:
- Have an Instant Pot? Here's how to use it to make baked potatoes.
- Check out the other recipes you can make with your air fryer and Idaho® potatoes!
- Get all the details on making the perfect basic baked potato here.